A Matter of Balance (Channahon)
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Tuesday mornings from 10:00am to 12:00pm on October 15 – December 3, 2019 at St. Ann Catholic Church in Channahon.
Program is FREE and available to anyone ages 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.