A Matter of Balance Classes (Bradley and Frankfort)
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Upcoming A Matter of Balance Classes:
- Tuesdays from 1:30pm to 3:30pm on January 14 – March 3, 2020 at the Hawthorne Lakes Community Room (20250 S. Pine Hill Road) in Frankfort. A Matter of Balance is FREE and available to anyone age 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call 815-523-9918.
- Tuesdays from 10:00am to 12:00pm on January 7 – February 25, 2020 at the The Bourbonnais Township Park District, Recreation Station, 770 Franklin St. in Bradley. A Matter of Balance is FREE and available to anyone age 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call 815-933-9905.