A Matter of Balance: Grundy County
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Thursday mornings from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
Class dates: April 12, 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2018
Classes held at Assumption Catholic Church in the Madonna Room (195 S. Kankakee St., Coal City, IL 60416).
This FREE program is for individuals ages 60 and older. For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.