A Matter of Balance (Grundy County)
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
• view falls as controllable
• set goals for increasing activity
• make changes to reduce fall risks at home
• exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• anyone concerned about falls
• anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
• anyone who has fallen in the past
• anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Friday mornings from 9:30am to 11:30am.
Class dates: August 12, 19, 26 and September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Classes held at Assumption Catholic Church, 195 S Kankakee St., Coal City, IL 60416
Program is FREE and is for adults ages 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.