A Matter of Balance: Herscher
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet is offering A MATTER OF BALANCE, an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes will be held on Tuesday mornings from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Dates: April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and May 7, 14, 21, 2019
Location: Saint Margaret Mary Catholic Church (410 N Main St., Herscher, IL 60941)
Program is FREE and available to anyone ages 60 and older! For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.