A Matter of Balance: Joliet
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Tuesday Afternoons 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Class dates: October 4, 11, 18, 25 & November 1, 8, 15, 29
Classes held at Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet
203 N. Ottawa St., Joliet, IL 60432
Program is FREE!
For more information and to register please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.