A Matter of Balance (Kankakee)
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program sponsored by Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet that is designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This FREE program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes will be on Thursday mornings from 10:00am to 12:00pm from August 1 – September 19, 2019 at the Kankakee Area YMCA, 1075 N Kennedy Drive in Kankakee. This program is FREE and available to all adults age 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call 815-933-1741.