A Matter of Balance (Kankakee)
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet is hosting A MATTER OF BALANCE, an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes will be held held on Thursdays from 1:30pm – 3:30pm from February 6 through March 26th at the Kankakee Area YMCA (1075 N Kennedy Dr.) in Kankakee. This program is FREE and available to individuals age 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call 815-933-1741.