A Matter of Balance: Kankakee
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Thursday mornings 10:00am to 12:00pm
January 17, 24, 31,
February 7, 14, 21, 28,
March 7, 2019
St. John United Church of Christ
1045 W. River St., Kankakee, IL
(Please enter at the Rutledge entrance)
This FREE program is for individuals who are 60 or older. For more information
and to register, please call 815-523-9918