A Matter of Balance: Manteno
Do you have concerns about falling? Many older adults experience concerns about falling and
restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Thursday mornings from 10:00am to 12:00pm on January 18, 25, February 1, 8, 15, 22, March 1, 8, 2018 at Manteno Church of the Nazarene (689 N Locust, Manteno, IL 60950)
This program is FREE! If you are age 60 or older, for more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.