A Matter of Balance (Morris)
Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes will be on Tuesday mornings from 10:00am – 12:00pm on April 16, 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28, and June 4, 2019. Classes held at First Presbyterian Church 200 E. Jackson Street Morris, IL 60450.
A Matter of Balance is FREE and available to individuals who are ages 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.