A Matter of Balance: Morris
A Matter of Balance: Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
– view falls as controllable
– set goals for increasing activity
– make changes to reduce fall risks at home
– exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
– anyone concerned about falls
– anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
– anyone who has fallen in the past
– anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes will be held on Tuesday afternoons from 1:30pm – 3:30pm on August 7, 14, 21, 28 and September 4, 11, 18, 25, 2018 at First Presbyterian Church 200 E. Jackson Street Morris, IL 60450.
A Matter of Balance is FREE and available to individuals age 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.