A Matter of Balance Program in Kankakee
Do you have concerns about falling? Many older adults restrict their activities as a result of these concerns. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. Join Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet on Wednesday mornings from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM on November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, December 6, 13, 20 at Kankakee First Church of the Nazarene (1000 N. Entrance in Kankakee).
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
This program is free and offered to individuals ages 60 and older. For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.