A Matter of Balance (Wilmington)
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program facilitated by Catholic Charities and designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Wednesday mornings from 10:00am – 12:00pm on July 10 through August 28, 2019 at Wilmington Island Park District (315 N Water St in Wilmington).
Program is FREE and available to individuals age 60 or older. For more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.