A Matter of Balance: Wilmington
A Matter of Balance: Do you have concerns about falling?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
– view falls as controllable
– set goals for increasing activity
– make changes to reduce fall risks at home
– exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
– anyone concerned about falls
– anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
– anyone who has fallen in the past
– anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes will be held on Wednesday mornings from 10:00 am to 12:00 pmon October 17, 24, 31,November 7, 14, 21, 28,December 5, 2018. Classes held at Wilmington Island Park District: 315 N Water St., Wilmington, IL 60481.
This program is FREE and available to individuals who are age 60 and older. For more information and to register, please call 815-523-9918.
Thank you to the Wilmington Park District, Wilmington Public Library District, and the Wilmington Coalition for a Healthy Community for their help providing this important program!