August is Catholic Charities Month
Catholic Charities Month (August 1 – 31)
- You can feed a child who is homeless and hungry.
- You can provide shelter to a family who has lost their home.
- You can support a lonely senior who has been neglected.
- You can provide food to an impoverished community.
- You can educate the poverty-stricken young.
- You can provide economic stability to the unemployed.
- You can counsel the struggling.
- You have been called to transform the lives of the most needy and vulnerable. The time is now!
Dear Community Member,
Life is precarious. Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet knows this firsthand. Those who turn to us often have had their worlds turned upside down. Many who seek our help have nowhere else to turn. Your support can provide the beacon that delivers sustenance and hope to those in need. Your support can change lives.
August is Catholic Charities Month. The Agency takes this month to reflect on the goodness of our work. In doing so, we never lose sight that August is still a time when many families are struggling to find shelter, food, employment, provisions for their children, support for their aging parents, family counseling, and so much more.
You are the one who can change a life today. Your last gift to Catholic Charities of «Amount» was so helpful. Your donation helped Catholic Charities provide help and hope to thousands of families. As Catholic Charities struggles with federal sequestration and funding cutbacks, we hope you’ll consider increasing your gift this year.
Catholic Charities turns to you because we know you care. Catholic Charities turns to you because you are needed by many. Catholic Charities turns to you because we know you can change lives!
You and your family continue to be in our prayers each day.
Director of Development and Communications
Catholic Charities Mission
We are a faith-based organization providing service to people in need and calling others of good will to do the same.