Caring for an older family member?
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet is offering a Caregiver Education Series for family caregivers from noon – 1:15pm on Wednesdays. All sessions are held at Kankakee First Church of the Nazarene (1000 N. Entrance Ave., Kankakee in room 107). A light lunch will be provided.
Upcoming topics include:
Sept. 2nd Finding Help and Accessing Services
- Amanda Foltz, Catholic Charities
Sept. 9th Learning to Connect With My Loved One
- Melanie Adams, Alzheimer’s Association
Sept. 16th Avoid the Scam! How to prevent being victimized by fraud
- Sasha Grabenstetter, University of Illinois Extension
Sept. 23rd The Legal Issues of Caregiving
- Ketura Baptiste, Prairie State Legal Services
Sept. 30th End of Life Care
- Connie Lambert, Hospice of Kankakee Valley
To register, call 815-523-9918.
Caregiver funding provided by Area Agency on Aging, Northeastern Illinois.