Do you have concerns about falling?
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held on Monday mornings from 9:30am to 11:30am.
Class dates: January 30th, February 6th, 13th, 27th, March 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th.
Classes held at Kankakee First Church of the Nazarene, 1000 N. Entrance, Kankakee, IL 60901
Program is FREE
If you are age 60 or older, for more information and to register, please call Amanda at 815-523-9918.