Serving Will, Grundy, DuPage, Kendall, Kankakee, Ford & Iroquois Counties
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 815-723-0331.
Catholic Charities’ Counseling Services provides outpatient counseling in DuPage, Will, Grundy, Kendall, Kankakee, Ford, and Iroquois counties. Offices are located in Downers Grove, Joliet, Morris, and Bourbonnais. Individual, group, family, and couples therapy are offered, in addition to specialized services such as anger management groups and preventative education programs.
Our skilled and dedicated counseling staff is here to provide guidance and support. Click here to learn more about our counselors.
Sometimes it’s difficult to understand what is troubling an individual, couple, or family. Counseling staff conduct comprehensive assessments for people of all ages to help determine what the difficulties are and how people can be empowered to resolve them.
We provide a range of therapeutic services that preserve, strengthen, and protect the emotional well-being of individuals within the context of their own cultural identity. We serve individuals who come from diverse racial, ethnic and spiritual backgrounds, with counseling that is sensitive to cultural difference.
- Children & Adolescents – Our staff includes child and adolescent counselors who provide individual and family counseling for youth and their families. Our staff is trained in a variety of specialties to intervene with troubled youth who experience emotional and behavioral difficulties: adjustment issues, attachment disorders, oppositional and defiant behavior, conduct problems, school difficulties, social skills deficits, and childhood depression and anxiety.
- Couples Counseling – Our staff is trained and experienced in providing marital therapy. The Counseling Program also provides pre-marriage evaluations and counseling.
- Adults – Counseling staff has broad experience working with adults who are attempting to cope with a wide spectrum of life problems: anxiety, depression, life transitions, experiences of loss and bereavement, interpersonal difficulties, and developmental disabilities.
- Family Counseling – The Counseling Program offers family counseling in conjunction with child and adolescent counseling.
- Seniors – For older adults who are attempting to cope with life transitions which may include physical, financial, and emotional factors, our Counselors offer compassionate and supportive therapy geared to the losses that inevitably accompany the aging process.
There are numerous active groups for children and adults. For more information, click here.
Consultation and Education
Consultation and education is available to community organizations, schools, and parishes to promote prevention and early identification of emotional and behavioral disturbances. We also have counselors available who are able to provide crisis intervention in the case of a traumatic event or disaster. Please contact 815-723-0331 to inquire about these services.
Payment for Counseling Services
Special accommodations can be made to individuals and families who are struggling financially, and who qualify for services at a reduced fee.
· Traditional Medicaid (DHS, Department of Human Services Medical Card)
· Medicaid HMO Plans: Aetna, BCBS, Humana, Illinicare, and Meridian.
· Private Insurance PPO Plans: Aetna, BCBS, Humana, and Cigna.
If you have an insurance not listed above please call 800-240-7011 to verify our current list insurance providers.
You can apply for insurance coverage in the following ways:
· Call to schedule an appointment at 866-311-1119 (Mon – Sat 8:00am – 8:00pm)
· Online at www.getcoveredillinois.gov