Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) is a rapid rehousing/homeless prevention program that assists eligible veterans who are literally homeless or imminently at risk of homelessness by helping them to stabilize their housing situations.
SSVF Temporary Financial Assistance may assist with: rental assistance, security or utility deposits, utility assistance, moving costs, general housing stability.
Other services available include: case management, vocational counseling, employment services, educational assistance, personal financial planning services, housing counseling and search, daily living services, linkage to the VA and other community services.
- Active duty veteran or National Guard/Reserve Veteran with active duty time outside of a training environment.
- Discharge status above a dishonorable discharge.
- Income at or below 50% of the Area Median Income for the County in which you reside.
- Single individuals or households are welcome.
- Must reside in Will, DuPage, Kendall, Grundy, Kankakee, or Iroquois Counties.
Offices located in Joliet, Kankakee, and Downers Grove.
Katie Roberts, MSW
Will, Kendall, and Grundy Counties Case Manager
815-774-4663 x 3164
Courtney Sanders, MS
Kankakee and Iroquois Counties Case Manager
815-774-4663 x 3130