611 E. Cass Street
Joliet, IL 60432
Division Director of Community Services
Director of Daybreak Center
Daybreak Center operates 24-hours a day, 365 days a year and provides emergency housing, and supportive services to individuals and families who are homeless. Some participants in the program are in need of short-term housing, as a result of a situational crisis. Others need support services as they work to reestablish permanent housing.
Homelessness prevention services are also provided to individuals and families who are at risk of losing their homes.
(Youth under the age of 18 are not admitted except when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.)
At Daybreak Center We Offer…
- A safe and clean environment
- Comprehensive case management, coordination and assisted access of community resources
- Educational assessments, services and assistance enrolling in educational classes (GED and ESL – English as a second language)
- Employment assessments, programs and access to employment search office equipment
- Healthy living workshops
- Group support meetings
- Depending on limited available resources, individuals and families may also apply for financial assistance for rent or a mortgage, temporary housing, food, utilities, prescriptions, transportation and other miscellaneous needs
- Referrals and access to HELP Food Pantry
Feeding members of the community who are hungry and unable to provide for themselves by offering a free mid-day meal. Shepherd’s Table is also used as a warming and cooling center during extreme weather. To volunteer at Shepherd’s Table, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 815-774-4663 x3138.
Permanent Supportive Housing
Permanent housing programs provide a safe living environment to chronically homeless and disabled individuals. Clients reside in an independent living setting. All tenants must meet eligibility criteria. This program is limited to availability of housing.
- At least 18 years-old
- Fit the HUD definition of “chronically homeless”
- Must have a documented disability
For an assessment for Permanent Supportive Housing, please contact:
Demetria Carr 815-774-4663 extension 3125 or email@example.com
Donations of items to Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet are greatly appreciated by the low-income clients who receive them.
The Giving Tree Donation Center has closed. The only donations that we can accept at Daybreak Center at this time are:
- New underwear, socks, and coats
- Unopened hygiene products
- Gift cards
- Walmart, Target, gas stations, fast food restaurants
- $25 denominations are preferred
Interested in volunteering at Daybreak Center? Contact Joy Newburn — firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-519-6547
Interested in hearing more about Daybreak Center and homelessness? A staff member is available to speak to your adult or youth church or civic group about Daybreak Center. For more information or to schedule a presentation, call 815-774-4663 ext. 3138 or email email@example.com.